Its about time.

I can be a little slow at doing things. I prefer to think about ideas before I act on them, then I'll mull over the it until finally I mean to do it. From there, I contemplate the pros and cons.Then I will pray and intend to fast. Lastly, I will discuss my ideas with a few close friends and then drum roll please, a period of waiting.

This blog was my 35th birthday gift to myself, way back in August. I was afraid, so very afraid of what to say or how to start this blog that finally I just gave up. I gave up being afraid of what other people would have to say about me. I gave up trying to be perfect for no one in particular and everyone at the same time. I realize that the million things that are in my heart to do and be will never ever happen unless I have the courage to pursue them. I made a commitment to myself that I intend to keep.

This blog is about my life and the crazy stories that fill it. And I have some good ones to share! I will write at least once per week and just put it out there. It's so easy for me to just write in my favorite coffee shop or in my room at The Inspiration Station, that's what I call my favorite chair. This is an exercise in accountability and vulnerability.

This year I made a commitment to become healthier and to step forward out of my shell. I want there to be no secrets within my body. Last week, I went to the doctor armed with pages of tests she should run and possible diseases I could have based on symptoms I was kinda thinking I was maybe feeling. Her assistant called me on Tuesday to tell me that everything was negative and normal, for now. I know exactly what that means. It means lose weight before I develop diabetes, heart disease or something equally dramatic. I knew I was in desperate need of an intervention because that very morning, not long after I had eaten a tasty cookie, I found crumbs in my belly button. I felt so upset. Upset that there were cookie crumbs in my belly button and very upset that these expensive cookie crumbs were in my belly button and not in my mouth like they should have been. Right before the phone rang I thought, I need to lose weight and maybe not buy such expensive cookies.

Comments

  1. AMAZING! I look forward to your posts! very inspiring so glad that you had that revelation. Also I love that last though about maybe not buy such expensive cookies lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts