The Year of Vision

Heeeeyyyyyyy!

This has been an incredible year for me and I am so grateful for every mountain top and valley I have walked through this year.

This was "The Year of Vision" for me. Literally. I made my 1st Vision Board NYE 2016 and it was such an incredible experience. I highly recommend it. I must be honest with you and say that there were things that I placed on my vision board that was simply by faith. Longings in my heart that I wanted but didn't quite know how to achieve. I was charting into unknown territory, and yet I wasn't alone. It wasn't the vision board that had power, it was/is my faith that God would give me the strength needed to achieve my goals. That's where the power is.  Faith in my God, Jesus Christ.
My vision board is a declaration that God has a plan for my life, I'm on board with it and this is what we are going to do!




Many people have varying opinions about vision boards, but for me it was incredibly helpful. You see the way my memory is set up, I can truly forget which of the 1000 goals I want to accomplish in any particular month. The beauty of the vision board, is the amount of detail I've put in it that has been useful to keep me focused. I accomplished many of the things on my board but those things that are yet to be fulfilled will remain there it as I take it down tonight and add more to it. The board has been updated, changed and rearranged throughout the year. When I accomplished a certain task and/or goal, I would remove it and replace it with a new task and/or goal.

Between my goals I added words of encouragement and truths about myself. This exercise was such a powerful gift. I chose to display it in my living room above my fireplace because I spend most of my time there and when people visit my home, I want you to know just how serious I am about my goals. It's one thing to tell you, but as a writer, I prefer to show you.

Also, I made a small portable one that I keep in my writing journal and another one that keep hung up in my office.

Next month, I'm so excited to launch my online accessories shop called, "It's an interesting story..."
I have been blessed to have traveled to some amazing places in the world. Along the way, I've bought tons of earrings, necklaces, bracelets and purses from local artists and shops around the world. There have been times I bought entire racks of earrings for stores!!!

There is so much more to come and share and I can't wait to show you all what God is doing in my life. Its is both beautiful and powerful.

Comments

Popular Posts