What is thecourageofpursuit.com?

This is how it all began... 

A few years ago, I started this blog to write about the funny moments that make up my life. From dating, to getting into nursing school, and overcoming body issues; I wanted to share it all! I really enjoyed writing about my life but more than anything, I loved the emails and Facebook messages I would get from women from all over the country.  These women shared secrets with me, encouraged me and provoked me to do more. But what? 

It's easy to plan and/or fantasize about what you will do once you have more money. But my question was, "what can I do with what I have now?" I may not have much,but God can take my little and make a lot. 

Every night as I drive home, I see young women walking the street. I didn't know then where they were going, but I knew what they were going to do. These women are in my neighorhood, not some other city, but in Houston and on my very street! I knew that I couldn't just pretend not to see them. I knew that there was something I could do. I knew that my blog would no longer just be about me, but be about others. For this next step, I would need The Courage of Pursuit like never before. 

This year, I have cried more than all of my years combined. I've prayed and I've fasted. And here was my conclusion: It's time to apply my faith and put it into action. 2016 has been a year of change, maturity, renewed confidence, and answered prayer. One thing I am certain of, persuaded to believe and am convinced of is this: Our ability to impact and influence our community in a positive way is closer than we think. My life is not my own. Jesus still saves, delivers and restores to the uttermost.

I have a plan, a purpose and power given by God to do all that He has called me to do.

So, lets get started. thecourageofpursuit.com is coming soon!

Comments

Popular Posts